Friday, February 4, 2011

Daily Year-to-Year Journal Box

When my friend Amy shared this blog post from Design Sponge Online on her Facebook page, I was so excited about the idea that I just had to make one...or rather, two!  And I see another one in the near future...

I was not able to find a suitable fruit carton as used in the attached link so I decided to make my own!



I used 100% wool to knit a basket-type container and then felted it by washing in hot water in the washing machine and allowed it to air dry.  I then needle-felted a design using a cream-colored yarn and then sprayed my creation with a stiffening agent inside and out to keep it's shape.
I created the index cards as described in the attached link using a date stamper.

To use, you simply write in the year along with a few words describing the event(s) of the day. Then move the card to the back.....When you come back around to it next year, simply add to it....you can see what you've done from year to year without taking up too much time, paper, or space.  Enjoy!





Click here if you would like to purchase one!

No comments: